The All-New, State-of-the-Art, Fully-enclosed, German technology Gyroplane.
The Calidus09 is a total of new designs, high technology, sound aerodynamics, stability, comfort and speed.
BCAR Section T certification almost completed.
The first factory build Calidus09 left the factory in Germany for Sweden on Thursday, 12 March 2009.
We are proud to announce that this ground breaking Gryocopter recieved the SA CAA Type Acceptance approval and completed the required proofing flying hours.
We received the Type Designated Number (Y025) on Friday, 23 July 2010.
The Calidus09 was build in response to the ongoing demand for a enclosed gyroplane. The Calidus09 addresses many of the problems which have occurred with other aircraft of this same type:
- Tried and tested technology used
- Low weight – great performance without extra power
- Tandem seating for low drag
- Aerodynamic profile giving clean airflow to the prop
- Spacious interior for comfort
- Excellent visibility
- Very quiet cabin inside
- High payload allowing serious cross-country flight
- Large water radiator with thermostat activated fan.
- VNE: 120 MPH
- Cruise: 95 – 110 MPH
- Take off distance: 10 – 100 m
- Landing distance: 0 – 15 m
- Fuel capacity: 75 l
- Fuel burn: 12 – 18 l/H
- MTow: 550 kg
- Empty weight: 270 kg
- Min/Max front seat weight: 60 / 125 kg Max rear seat weight: 120 kg.
- Engine: Rotax 914 UL
- Prop: Fixed or Variable Pitch (optional)
- Rotor: 8.4 Extruded Alluminium
- Frame: Stainless Steel E-polished
- Fire wall between engine and cabin
- Fire Warning System
- Pneumatic rotor trim, side trim and rotor brake
- Pneumatic assisted pre-rotator – up to 90% flying speed
- Luggage lockers
- Under-seat and infront controllable ventilations.
- Heated cabin
- Fully removable instructor kit
- Choice of instrument panels: Anolog or Glass cockpit
- Extra vents for canopy
- Dual Purpose Open Canopy for Africa
- Funkwerk ATR 833 Transceiver, Dual Watch, 99 Memory Frequency
- Funkwerk TRT 800 Transponder
- 12 v sockets – front and rear
- ANR Headsets (active noise reduction)
- Paint and graphics – to your specification.